Friday, August 14, 2009

Postage is Expensive!!

Today is my day for errands. Obstacles prevent errands from being completed. I don't want obstacles right now but oh well. I went to Postal Annex to ship a box to Belize. $117!!! for a 14lb box. They charge extra so I walked out those doors, box still in hand, back to Erics. Checked usps.com for shipping rates... for a max 20# box with slim dimensions, priority international flat rate is around $50. Better, but still a lot.

The short of this story is... if you want to mail me a package at any time to Belize, check out usps.com (online rates are cheaper) and make sure its not outrageous!! Crazy times. Anyway, this little items I was going to send myself included a sheet set, duvet cover, a couple books and some tea. Most the books will stay here. I can find reading materials there I guess. The fitted sheet will come and hopefully the duvet cover too. Now... next errand of the day is to weigh the bags. Crossing my fingers. Its all gotta be under 80 pounds. For two years. I can do this.

2 comments:

  1. Sending you packages to Belize eh? It's kinda like prison - only not. But when I think of sending packages to people in far away places (like prison) I think of cookies and house slippers... Do you think those will help you there?

    By the way Em, I'm keeping up on your blogs so keep on writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know my brother? He just arrived in Benque Viejo Del Carmen for a 2 year stint with the Peace Corp...his name is Roger German. We are just finding out about sending packages to Belize...very interesting. My email address is: sanbarsan@aol.com...let me know if you run into each other. Best wishes for a very succesful stint with the P.C.
    Sincerely,
    Sandy Echternacht: Santa Barbara, CA

    ReplyDelete