Hi. I found an internet cafe. More quickly than expected. I haven't slept more than 20 minutes on airplanes since waking up at 10am on Tuesday morning. I think today is Thursday. But I'm not entirely sure. Travels went pretty well. We had basic orientation today in Belmopan at the PC headquarters. They gave us more money, more materials, clean drinking water. Keys to a hotel room. I'm sharing a room with one girl I corresponded with, Amy. She's nice. Most people are. The hotel is shady but its ok. I found mice turds on my bed when we arrived. I brushed them off and forgot about it though. About 5 of us ladies found a little food shack and spent about $3BZ for the best burrito and mini empanadas I've had in a long time. Maybe ever. I am already speaking Spanish with people and I feel like they like me for it. I like me for it :) I'm trying to teach my fellow trainees some words so we don't look so ridiculous as we wander the streets of this city chattering in our English tones and dialect (soo small.. feels like a village so i'm not sure how those will look)
I'll be in Belmopan for a week and head to another small town not far away after that to do some training. They are gong to keep our schedules FULL. This weekend we get to see mayan ruins somewhere, go play in a river, somewhere, and play kickball. I'm stoked. Ready to have some fun. More of it anyway. And ready for SLEEP. Its been something like 35 hours.. I dont even know anymore. I feel like its been a week of travel... and it so has not.
Thats all for now. Gotta get to bed. Sleep is important and I've definitely not had enough of it. Hopefully I can fall asleep, its hot but not too bad. I was expecting worse. Apparently this is a perfect day. We'll see how the not so perfect days are. :) Farewell. Be well.
Yippee! You made it there! Sleep, girl, sleep--then enjoy the feeling of being in an entirely new life.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Rose. Sleeeep! I'm so excited for the 2+ years of adventure ahead of you. Can I come visit now? ;)
ReplyDelete