Beer! The Belizean beer is Belikin. Have I written this already? Belikin is right on par with PBR. Enough said. Not my favorite. I'm sure I'll adjust. Or just not drink much. Haven't had anything to drink in days. Tummy must settle.
Dreams! I'm dreaming like crazy. Most of you already know this about me. And yes, they've intensified. For many reasons, such as being in a brand new WORLD. My first crazy dream was in 'Belize' - at least Belize as it exists in my dream world. Michelle was in it. The following dreams, and yes - there have been many, at least one per night - have been in Portland mostly and with good friends almost always there to visit me. In a way its nice to see these people in my mind. In another way, its strangely frustrating to wake up missing these people and so far away from where my mind seems to wander. Oh well.. I'm sure my mind will dream Belize soon enough, and these people I love will have to make it here as well!
Packages! I would highly recommend that if you send packages my way that they arrive in padded envelopes. This was they will make it through customs most easily and be easier on your wallets. Also, anything I receive the first 6 months is duty free. Anything after that I will have to pay taxes on. Please don't send anything of value to me after that 6 months have passed. Apparently DUTY can cost as much as the items you receive, if not twice their value. (Eg: $100 IPOD = $100-200 in DUTY I have to pay) And I do believe that 6 month date is from August 20, 2009.
I know I'm a PCV - Peace Corps Volunteer.. but so far this kind of feels like a Paid Caribbean Vacation. Not I just need to get to the Beach!!
No comments:
Post a Comment