For the first part of this week, I enjoyed the company of my mother in town and a small adventure off to Seattle. We met up with Michelle and stayed at her house with her beautiful family for an evening. On Wednesday, we (my mom, me, Michelle and her two daughters) headed to Seattle center to walk near the water and check out the market. Pike market is so beautiful with its abundance produce stands, beautiful, eccentric people, arts, fish throwers... a vibrant spectacle with yummy food to purchase along the way.
And of course I tried packing too much into that day. We left the market and arrived at the car after 5pm right in time for downtown Seattle rush hour traffic on hills that look steep enough to flip the car right over. My mother and I drove her to her hotel where we'd say goodbye. On the way I'm stressing about time, since I'd intended to be past all this traffic and on my way to Bellevue to see a friend, Kristy, by 5:30. Wasn't going to happen. My mom and I did what we could to take deep breaths, not stress, and not hit little old ladies crossing the street. Even if that one did hit our car for being inches into the crosswalk.
Its never hard to find something to laugh about. Thats why I have the congi for "laughter" tattooed on myself. If all else fails, laugh. Really.
Rushed goodbye with my mama. It was sad. I know I'm off on a great adventure but I know that I'll still want my mom. Especially in those initial days when I know I'll be adjusting and sick most likely. Not many tears though. Because its hard to drive with tears in your eyes.
Rush rush rush to see Kristy. GPS is confused while I'm crossing water. Tells me to turn around. Why? I'm not sure. Turn around again. Ignore GPS. Follow vague instince in an unknown city. Oops.. get the car out of 2nd gear when on the freeway. Thats what that noise was. ;) Ahh.. rental cars.
Met up with Kristy around 7. Much later than planned. A nice walk around the park to breathe and catch up. Kristy, you ground me in a wonderful way. So practicle. Calm. You will succeed. Another goodbye. Sad, but I will see her again. I will see most again. Just not for a while.
Rush rush rush to see Michelle. Hang out for a little while but rushed still. These were the most intense goodbyes of the evening. Probably because they following two before them.. my heart can only hurt so much. My eyes can only withhold so many tears. Goodbye to Rylee. Tears that I try to hide from a four year old. Both of us sad. But chocolate cake makes things better. :) Hugs to Reace, though she's too young to know, which made things easier. Hug to Logan. Hugs to Michelle. And then tears. But not too many. Its hard to drive with tears in your eyes. Its so hard to hold back tears for such stupid reasons. Tears are healthy. I will miss these wonderful people in my life. But I know we're all very happy for this future of mine though. Still doesn't make these moments much easier.
Right. Left. Right. Right. Onto I5-S. Portland. 85mph. Rush rush rush.
Turns out I didn't need to have the rental car back until the next day. Rushing is so ridiculous, especially when its not necessary. Slow yourself. Wine. Sip. Breathe.
And relax into the arms of the man who will be the hardest to say goodbye to. But we're not there yet.
12 days until departure. This is so effing unbelievable. It better be worth it.
it will be worth it!
ReplyDeletewe are so jealous and excited for you. can't wait to see what an amazing experience this will be.
tears are okay. just think, every tear you shed is a person who loves you. what a good thing.
I love you sister. This will be worth it! Great things sometimes come at a great price. I'm praying for you, that God will strengthen your heart. Don't hold all your tears in. They act as an emotional release. XOXO.
ReplyDelete