Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Randomness

  • My skin is dark. I totally burned my shoulders, and.. ahem.. my tattoo. Just slightly. But I felt bad about it. To myself. Absurd. I'll be more careful. It was worth it to swim in the sea in Corozal though.
  • Corozal is a sight where I hope to end up. However, when I asked my APCD (or Program Manager) about the chances of being by the (and my love of!) sea, she asked me to prioritize water to Spanish language. I chose Spanish like a good girl and she told me in so many words that I would be near a river but definitely speaking Spanish.
  • Something like 9 days left of CBT. I cannot wait to be done sitting in a classroom for just about 8 hours a day. Done with classrooms. Unless they're filled with beautiful children whom I'm challenged to help.
  • I miss sandwiches. I felt silly for my sandwiches that I made my last night in Portland and know now I should have made many more. Right now, I would walk many many miles in the sun for a deli sandwich made as such: thick sliced deli bread from Delphina's, mayo, honey mustard, peppered turkey, havarti cheese, tomatoes, red leaf lettuce, sprouts, pickles... mmmm... Yes, that's right. If you can have sandwiches where you live, eat them. Eat one for me.
  • Today was a long day of training. Much longer than usual. I'm "home" but at a loss for what to do with myself. I'd like a glass of wine. Nada. I'd like many things... Nada. What shall I do? This is a question I'm faced with. A walk perhaps. Ice cream. Meh.. a poor alternative.
  • I need a computer. There are laptops very small and inexpensive these days. It is my thought that if my computer sells, and if anyone wants to give me a Christmas present, that I'd like to pool resources and get a laptop. Of course, they're ridiculously expensive HERE thus, a purchase in the states and a visitor bearing this gift would be most appropriate. I can have visitors as early at January. :) Cannot wait. More on this later.
  • Forgive this boring blog. My brain is a mushy mass of madness. Full of information. So full I cannot even open the bag to retrieve its contents. Jammed shut if you will. Digestion must occur and then it will all be a much more beautiful product.
  • I sat on a stoop with an old rasta man on Monday. He asked me to sit. I was on my way to find friends next door, to sit with them. So I figured why not sit with him? We watched people. We talked about people. He told me what my friends did 'last night' which amused me because he and others are the eyes on the streets. They know what we do. They hear what we say. Be advised.
  • Life is very different sober. I miss my beverages of choice. I've been called "Too classy for Belize" when it comes to drinking. Let it be so. I gots to get myself to Mexico for some affordable and classy selections. Who's with me?
  • And now I'm done. Thanks for reading. I'll work on a better topic next time. Send me letters and postcards. I'm lonely.
  • PEACE! LOVE! HAPPINESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment