I then had a next dream that I was in Switzerland, with PCV friends. We were hiking in these beautiful snow covered mountains, visiting villagers in beautiful Swiss houses, walking through trails with sticks and branches crunching in the snow. Then I went to a candy shop. It was old and vintage like and I stopped to snap a picture with my camera...
When I left the candy shop I found a puppy and he was adorable as puppies generally are. I was playing with this puppy when Finn, Charlie's dog from Portland, showed up to give me huge sloppy Finn kisses...
Then suddenly, as dreams shift from one reality to another, my friend Christine and I were on the beach, talking about how much our cabana would cost us and whether we should move or not. The sea smelled beautiful, the sun was warm and we were definitely back in Belize...
After that I found myself home. Home in my parents house in Alaska. It was late late late and Caleb, my little brother and I, were hanging out in the living room while everyone else was sleeping. Suddenly, I looked at him and got soooo excited. "I'm home!" I exclaimed, "I'm home, I'm in America. Look!! There's wine on the counter! Caleb, lets drink wine! Oh my gosh, lets eat steak!" I couldn't possibly put into words how excited I was. I was in the States, where you can get anything you want in the store and eat delicious steak and drink wine every day.
And that is my strange journey of the mind from last night....






No comments:
Post a Comment