I've been bad at keeping the blog updated lately I realize. It seems that I'm just living my day to day and failing to keep in touch with many people. It hasn't been long enough to get into that routine yet! Well, here I am, failing to produce any meaningful work out of the day, and writing instead to all you lovelies who want to know whats going on.
On November 22nd I moved into a new house. Its a green, cement home with two bedrooms, a living area, bathroom and kitchen. I have plenty of yard space that someday I hope to be motivated to do something with! There I live with my little kitty who's constant entertainment or harassment, depending on our respective moods. So far, I have had visitors by the 100s every day. They're called ants. Little worker ants. No harm to me or the cat but frequently coming around to eat up the cat food that wasn't quickly consumed or to pick up scraps that I left behind. I'm neurotically careful about crumbs and sweeping so I'll blame the ants on the cat. Cockroaches, I am happy to say, are not in abundance. I've only seen maybe three. The cat had a big one dead in the middle of the living room when I got home one night. Later there were only parts to him so I'm assuming it was a midnight snack for the kitty. Disgusting, I know, but he's pretty useful. The first few days I was in there was a gecko who lived in the closet. As I cleaned away, he scurried away and into the reach of my kitty. Again, I've got a pretty useful critter for a friend. The cat, that is. The cat got the gecko by the tail, tail snapped off and flipped and flopped around. I grimaced and tried not to watch this ridiculous spectacle. Once it stopped moving I threw it outside. Then the cat found the rest of the gecko who got it pretty bad. The gecko also got thrown outside by me before the cat could eat him too. So far, I haven't used poisons and have had great pest control with my kitty named Mogley. (PS - he was Raja, until he started growing little balls. Nope, not a girl)
So with a new house, I have a gas stove, a gas tank, getting the gas soon, a refrigerator, a bed and then small things like forks, knives, a cutting board, 4 bowls, 2 mugs... and thats about it. Life will slowly come together. The shopping list is long but I'm purchasing at a slow pace. Eventually my life will appear full.
Another item I aquired yesterday is a rather large frame of a Catholic woman. I'm not sure if its Mary or not. I'm not Catholic therefore very unversed in this stuff. Here's how it came to be mine, I suppose. I came home yesterday around 4pm to find this posh looking red case slid into the bars of my patio area. I looked around at my neighbors and no one was watching me (that I could see). There's no note attached. I pick up the case and think it might be silverware. Don't ask me why; its not silverware. I was later told by a friend that its a Pilgrim image that travels from house to house. Don't know who gave it to me, but I certainly will pass it on in due time. For now, its about the only piece of art in the house. If you can call it art. I just find it strange that no one has come forward. Maybe they're secretly trying to convert me. Perhaps someone will come forward. In that case, I'll hang on to it for a bit.
Anyway, thats a few details of my exciting life. Here are some pictures....
No comments:
Post a Comment