Thursday, July 16, 2009

Itinerary is Set

Today I called SATO Travel, after receiving multiple emails from Peace Corps. I rang the 800 # for SATO, heard the phone lift, a bunch of rustling (as if the person on the other end, couldn't quite grasp the receiver) and then finally a "Hello, blah, blah, blah.. lots of words, How can I help you today?"
Well, I need to arrange travel for myself to get to staging in DC.
"You don't sound excited about this. Are you excited?" said the man on the other end. He made me laugh.
Yes, of course I'm excited. Excited, but stressed. Happy and Sad. And all over the place. Just book my flight please. And thank you. He was a very nice man. :)

My itinerary out of Portland has been arranged, and a day earlier than expected!! Eek! I will be flying out of Portland on August 18 in the AM, flying to Chicago for a very brief layover and then heading to Washington, DC. A hotel should be arranged for me. I'll find my way to it, hopefully, and stay there the 18th night. On the 19th at 1pm-ish there will be staging. I think in the hotel. Then on the 20th, EARLY!, we'll be heading off, back to the airport and on our way to Belize.

Oh geez...

People ask me if I'm excited. Of course I am. I think at the moment though, anxiety is taking the lead. There are more details to tend to before I leave, packing being one of them that I am nervouse about. But most of all, I'm going to miss Portland, my wonderful friends, and Eric, my partner and big time love.

I had a BBQ/Potluck at my place on Monday this week. It was amazing. About 50 people showed up over the course of the night. The kitchen was full of busy cooking bodies and we put out a ton of amazing food. I am truly blessed to have so many amazing friends in Portland. Thank you to all who came. The party was a huge success. (It was also my "going away" party, but I didn't want to focus on that in order to avoid sad times.)

Its getting closer. The big adventure is about to begin. It is kind of hard to believe. 32 days. I'll post pictures eventually of my preparations. I've got to make this blog more interesting, and actually use it! :)

2 comments:

  1. ahh.. how exciting and scary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel...I keep stacking and re-stacking the things I think I'll need. Then I'll read someone's blog and think I need something else!! At least in 28 days we'll be there!! I think the anticipation is killing me!

    ReplyDelete