This morning I had a 'teleconference' with the Associate Country Director for Belize. I think it went alright, although I was so nervous (for whatever reason, or no reason). I worry about the first impression I made, but they haven't even met me yet! Plenty of more first impressions to come. Plenty.
Here are some details I gathered that seem relevant to share:
- Peace Corps Volunteers (Or PCV's) are encouraged to create a GMAIL account for primary emailing. Please jot this down if you haven't already. New email is: emily.white501@gmail.com
- Many PCV's buy cell phones once they are in country. I will probably follow suit. Apparently SMART phones are the best buy with the best coverage. AND, there are no charges for INCOMING calls. Not sure why, but thats freakin awesome :) More details to follow once I have a Belize phone number.
- 9 PCV's are starting on this new mission, so Me and 8 others.
- I need to buy new clothes to fulfill the business casual, professional but cool (temp.) attire that is expected of PCV's. On the shopping list: polo shirts, professional t-shirts or blouses, closed toed business like flat shoes, and medium length skirts.
That's all for now. I am frazzled, excited, nervous, happy, sad, and all over the place in my thoughts and emotions. The ride is only just beginning.
No comments:
Post a Comment